What is a Special Project
Special projects is an activity which can mean a lot of things, which we don’t do as a business pillar:
– Special research in technologies for AI, Machine learning, Databases
– POCs for various technologies
– Tools for performing special tasks
– Research for technologies and vendors in very special areas like Cybersecurity, Distributed computing, Distributed Databases, etc.
– Research for protection technologies: scanning engines, threat intelligence feeds, URL webservices
Why would someone give us such projects ?
In general, enterprises have all resources allocated to projects. In order to assign some internal resources to a special project, they would
need to either hire new employees or re-allocate existing employees from current projects to start new ones and thus delay the projects.
These activities are very expensive for a company.
Much cheaper and less problematic internally is to describe the activity one time and give this description to someone external to execute it.
The results would be communicated in a weekly meeting and in writing.
Work and Output
Each project is described clearly and has a start date and an end date.
We will discuss the deliverables and write down what will be delivered when.