An endpoint security product (aka: Antivirus product) has the following components:
- User interface
- The entire interception and detection technology to intercept file, memory, registry accesses:
- Real time scanner (drivers, service) logic
- On demand scanner logic
- Intercept Registry accesses (optional)
- Identify running processes and scan them in memory together with the file on disk (optional)
- Scanning logic – what gets scanned with what technology
- In the cloud protection (optional)
- Updater program and continuous updates for Product and Detection
- Licensing management (offline and optional online)
All these are independent of the engine OEM vendor.
In addition, if you choose Avira to be your OEM vendor, you would benefit of our long experience in this field.
- Integration of Avira SAVAPI with On Access Scanning (needs to be licensed separately from Avira)
- Updater for Avira files
- False Positive Prevention
- Zero Day protection using cloud components
- Remote configuration and control
Last, but not least:
- Help to get in included into the Microsoft Virus Initiative
- Windows Security Center integration
What we are offering:
Consulting for your team on how to build a product.
Your team will get a www.visualstudio.com account connected to a Slack channel.
All items will be documented there:
- Features (above list)
- User stories to define each feature in details
- Bugs to signal issues in the product
You can book our services also to Promote your antivirus product